Buckelew Park is a 1.75 acre historic site, all that remains of what was once a 4,000 acre estate on Buckelew Avenue, County Route 522. The park is home to Lakeview, the historic Buckelew Mansion. The twenty-three room mansion was home to Jamesburg's namesake, James Buckelew and his family from 1832 until 1900. The mansion was built in sections between 1685 and 1870 and today boasts twenty-three rooms. The mansion serves as Jamesburg's museum and is open the second and fourth Sunday of each month from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. The grounds feature herb gardens, a smokehouse, outhouse, a replica grave site, and the Dingfeld Blacksmith Shop and Farming Implement Museum.(The Museum is currently closed for repairs.) Lakeview is operated by the Jamesburg Historical Association.
Knights of Columbus Green Acres Park
Knights of Columbus Green Acres Park is located on Augusta Street next to the Grace M. Breckwedel Middle School. This park, surrounded by woodlands, contains three baseball fields, a track, two basketball courts, playground equipment, the Jamesburg skatepark, a covered socialization area with tables and benches, a concession stand and restrooms.
Mark B. Madden Sports Complex
The Mark B. Madden Sports Complex is located on Davison Avenue, part of the John F. Kennedy Elementary School grounds. The complex features a soccer/baseball field, a basketball court, playground, wall-ball court, and an outdoor teaching area. The complex is named after the longtime Jamesburg Public School District teacher, administrator, and soccer coach who retired in 2000 after spending his entire career, thirty-seven years, in Jamesburg.
Thompson Park is owned and operated byMiddlesex County Parks & Recreation (732.745.3900) and located in both Jamesburg and Monroe Township. This park features twenty-nine acre Lake Manalapan, numerous gazebos and picnic groves, a small zoo, playgrounds, a dog park, horse rings, hiking trails, a fresh water spring, tennis courts, and baseball, softball, and soccer fields. For more information, or to reserve a grove, call Middlesex County Parks & Recreation.
Tillie Davison Park
Tillie Davison Park is located on William Street and contains a playground. The park is named after longtime Jamesburg Public School District teacher Miss Tillie Davison, who spent over forty years teaching in Jamesburg.
Veterans' Park is located at the triangle between East Railroad Avenue, Lincoln Avenue, and Stockton Street. This is the starting and end point for the annual Memorial Day Parade. There are veteran ceremonies held at the park on Memorial Day. The park features a veterans' memorial erected in 1921 by the citizens of Jamesburg in honor of World War I and a monument honoring citizens who served in World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam War. Jamesburg also holds various holiday activities in this park.